Please kindly note that EXDXF-Pro4 ended sale on 29th January, 2021 and its support on 30th September, 2021. EXDXF-Pro (Subscription), the successor to this product is available now.
EXDXF-Pro4 : Adobe Illustrator Plugin for AI to DXF conversion
Compatible with Illustrator 2021
Having a trouble with importing / exporting DXF ? Why not try EXDXF-Pro4 ?
EXDXF-Pro is a DXF converting plugin for Adobe Illustrator which meets professional needs. This is because, various import / export options allow you to successfully convert any DXF files.
What is DXF?
DXF(Drawing Exchange Format or Drawing Interchange Format) is a CAD file format in vector originally developed by Autodesk. DXF is used when the data has to be compatible with other programs such as drawing softwares or cutting systems. DWG, a standard format of AutoCAD is similar to DXF. However, DWG can not be read in other programs.
Adobe Illustrator itself supports DXF. What’s the reason to use EXDXF-Pro?
In fact, Adobe Illustrator can not handle some types of DXF and as a result, it causes incorrect lines or shapes in the converted file. On the other hand, EXDXF-Pro has an unique technology to accurately convert DXF to Adobe Illustrator’s bezier curve. Furthermore, you can control the result with various import / export settings.
How to export / import DXF using EXDXF-Pro
How to convert ai file to DXF:
- Choose “Save As…” from File menu in Illustrator.
- Choose “Drawing Interchange (DXF)” as the file format and click “Save”. Then you will find a setting window. You can select the suitable settings and click OK.
- Supports DXF release 12
- Advanced smoothing function
- Automatic line optimization function
- Reduces points automatically
- Line conversion selection to match your CAD
- Expanding appearance option
- Accuracy of coordinates was improved from 4 digits to 6 digits
- Supports CAD applications that limit number of points
- You can preset your export settings
How to convert dxf file to ai file :
- Open dxf in Illustrator. Then “Select Filter” dialog will appear. Choose “EXDXF-Pro”.
- Then a setting window will open. Select the suitable settings and click OK.
- Supports DXF versions R12, R13, R14
- Reads data larger than 3m×3m
- Excellent Bezier curve approximation
- Settings for origin, unit and scale are available
- Connects points automatically
- Removes unnecessary points on poly lines automatically
- Improved accuracy of polyline approximation
- Setting for a font to be imported is available
- Connects neighboring lines regardless of order, starting point or terminal point
- Imports DXF that is not supported by Illustrator by rewriting its header.
- Saves your import setting as a preset
- Supports AutoCAD’s Solid Hatch(paint)
- Reduces error on the seventh digit
- Chooses Milli-meters or Inches
- Rounds coordinate value of the object’s top
- Any type of paths can be connected to each other, regardless of number of points or paths
|System Requirements||Mac and Windows OS that the following version of Adobe Illustrator runs properly:|
Macintosh : Adobe Illustrator CC2019 / 2020
Windows : Adobe Illustrator CC2019 / 2020